Welcome to an exciting journey through the world of wine! In this article, we’ve gathered 25 fascinating and fun wine facts that are perfect for sharing on social media. Whether you’re a wine enthusiast or just looking to impress your friends, these bite-sized facts will elevate your wine knowledge and add a touch of sophistication to your tweets. From historical anecdotes to quirky trivia, get ready to become the life of the virtual wine party. So grab a glass of your favorite vintage and get ready to discover some delightful wine facts that are guaranteed to spark conversation and make your followers raise a glass in awe. Cheers to the wonderful world of wine!

We've never met one, but apparently some people are scared of wine. It's called oenophobia. Click To Tweet Women and Asians are more likely to feel the effects of wine because they have lower amounts of the enzymes needed to break down and clear alcohol from the body Click To Tweet Women are actually better tasters thanks to their superior sense of smell. This is especially true of women 25-35 years old. Click To Tweet Italy has a free 24-hour wine fountain in the Abruzzo region just outside Rome. This brilliant public works project was installed by Dora Sarchese vineyard. Click To Tweet The world's oldest bottle of wine dates back to 325 A.D. and is found in Speyer Germany. Click To Tweet Red wines with higher levels of tannins (Cabernet, Petit Sirah, Sangiovese) are healthier. Click To Tweet Hammurabi’s Code (1800 B.C.) had an interesting law about wine. Fraudulent wine sellers were to be punished by drowning in a river. Click To Tweet The act of toasting started in ancient Rome when the Romans sustained the Greek tradition. They would drop a piece of toasted bread into the wine glass to soften unsavory tastes. Click To Tweet If a husband found his wife drinking wine in the early Roman times, he was at liberty to kill her. It was forbidden that women drink wine. Click To Tweet Prince Charles has an Aston Martin that runs on biofuel made out of wine. Queen Elizabeth gave Charles the original car when he turned 21. Then in 2008, it was converted to run on old wine. Click To Tweet Vatican City drinks the most wine per capita at 74 liters of wine per person per year. That's a full two times more wine per capita than Italy. Click To Tweet In 2003, a man named Richard Juhlin shocked the wine tasting world at a blind tasting competition for champagne in Paris. At the event, Juhlin was able to identify the brand, producer, and year of 43 out of 50 different champagnes. Click To Tweet Hippocrates, who's known as the father of western medicine, and our favorite doctor, recommended wine as a treatment for many ailments, including diarrhea, lethargy, and labor pains. Click To Tweet If a California wine label includes a specific varietal, i.e. Cabernet Sauvignon, it only needs to contain 75% of that grape. The remaining 25% can include whatever else the winemaker wants. Click To Tweet Romans found out that mixing lead with wine helped preserve it, and also gave it a sweet taste and succulent texture. You can imagine chronic lead poisoning was a leading cause of death in Rome. Click To Tweet One ton of grapes makes about 60 cases of wine, or 720 bottles. One 750ml bottle of wine contains about 2.8 pounds of grapes or 600-800 individual grapes. Click To Tweet The first known illustration of wine drinking is found on a 5,000-year-old Sumerian panel known as the Standard of Ur. Click To Tweet Loamy soils, rich in nutrients, which are usually preferred for growing vegetables and other crops, actually produce rather flavorless wines. Click To Tweet The Greeks and Romans loved their grape juice, dedicating gods to their favorite fermented fruit juice. Dionysus is the god of the grape-harvest to the Greeks, while Bacchus was the deity of choice for Roman oenophiles. Click To Tweet A ‘magnum’ bottle of wine is the equivalent of two standard bottles, and some claim it's the best size for extended aging thanks to the smaller space for oxygen. Click To Tweet A champagne bottle contains around 70-90 PSI of pressure, or roughly twice as much as your car tire. Click To Tweet In the Epic of Gilgamesh, the divinity in charge of the wine was the goddess Siduri (hence the winery of the same name). Click To Tweet California is the fourth-largest wine producer in the world, just behind France, Italy, and Spain. Click To Tweet As white wines age, they gain color. Red wines, on the other hand, lose color as they age. Click To Tweet Need to cool your bubbles in a hurry? Putting ice and salt in a bucket will chill wine much faster than just ice alone. Click To Tweet